Your Nav Bar Here

February 10, 2013

Valentimes Lessons

So, occasionally I am really a pretty nice wifey.

Like today.  I decided I'd make my wonderful husband some cookies.


Chocolate sugar cookies, to be exact.  And I wanted to decorate them and make them beautiful.  Then I decided I wanted to try a couple of different flavors of frosting (peanut butter and caramel and vanilla).  Needless to say, my little project ended up taking most of the morning.  

Here is what I've learned.

1.  Browning the butter before you make the frosting does NOT make caramel frosting.  It makes browned butter frosting, thankyouverymuch.  And while still delicious, it was not exactly what I was going for.

2.  Chocolate sugar cookies (from this recipe) are just so much more deliciouser than regular sugar cookies.


3.  Perhaps I should not leave pharmacy for a budding career in cookie decorating/writing with frosting.

4.  Stupid inside jokes make the best dessert decorations.

5.  When making buttercream frosting, it is helpful to have cream on hand.  I did not.

6.  The sprinkles you can buy in the $1 section at Target are only $1 for a reason.  (Ew.  Colored wax, much?)


5.  Even a tiny effort (opening a bag of conversation hearts and unceremoniously dumping them into the nearest receptacle) can make things more festive.

Even if they say weird things like "so fine."

2 comments:

Emma said...

I don't think deliciouser is a word. As penance for using it, you must send me some of those cookies. Thanks.

ann hunting said...

mmmmm....deliciouser

Post a Comment